Congratulations—you’re having a baby!
This season in life can come with a lot of questions as you journey through pregnancy and prepare for the birth of your little lilac. While a doula's main purpose is to provide physical and emotional support during the birth process, we are also here to help you sift through the overwhelming information available, be a resource with evidence-based knowledge, and even simply lend a listening ear when you need it most.
What is a doula?
A doula is a trained professional who offers guidance and provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to families before, during, and shortly after childbirth. A doula has many roles, including advocating for you, encouraging and helping you fulfill specific desires you might have for your birth, maintaining your birth plan, and keeping you informed and supported if unexpected changes to your birth plan should arise. We provide you with individual support during labor and delivery from start to finish with comfort measures and pain relief techniques that include breathing, relaxation, massage, and laboring positions. We also work with your partner, reassuring them and guiding them in the ways they can comfort you.
What are the benefits?
Research has demonstrated the benefits of hiring a doula include having better birth outcomes. Expectant mothers are two times less likely to experience a birth complication involving themselves or their baby. In addition, the information and encouragement communicated to a mother from a doula throughout pregnancy has been found to increase the mother’s self-efficacy and ability to impact her own pregnancy and birth outcomes. Source.
When continuous labor support was provided by a doula, women experienced:
- 31% decrease in the use of Pitocin.
- 28% decrease in the risk of C-section.
- 12% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth.
- 9% decrease in the use of any medications for pain relief.
- 14% decrease in the risk of newborns being admitted to a special care nursery.
- 34% decrease in dissatisfaction with the birth experience.
Want more information?
Let’s meet for a free in-person consultation where we can chat, get to know one another, and discuss any questions you may have! Contact us today.
Birth Doula Package | $950
- A complimentary “meet-and-greet” interview
- Unlimited support throughout pregnancy via phone/email/text
- 2 prenatal appointments to discuss and prepare for your birth
- Access to lending library of recommended books and resources for pregnancy, birth and baby care
- On-call readiness two weeks before and after your estimated due date
- Continuous support at your birth, including physical and emotional support, for mother and birth partner
- Access to TENs Unit while in labor
- Access to Essential Oils and diffuser for aromatherapy while in labor
- Two hours of immediate postpartum care
- One postpartum visit during initial weeks postpartum
- Unlimited phone/email/text support for eight weeks postpartum
- Discounted rate for Childbirth Classes and Placenta Encapsulation
Birth photo by Earth Mama Photography.