After you give birth can be a fragile time as you step into the role of motherhood. During this season of transition, it is important that you and your family have the support you may need as you recover both physically and emotionally. The postpartum period comes with an array of feelings, and we want to guide you, talk with you, provide you meals, and help you build that special bond with your new little lilac.
Healthy Mind. Healthy Bond.
Our only priority.
What does a postpartum doula do?
Postpartum doulas nurture the mother so she can nurture the baby. As your postpartum doula, we work to ensure that you, and your family, are fully supported emotionally and practically. Although postpartum support may seem like a luxury, family and friends are not as readily available as they historically were to nurture and care for the new family. With today’s busy society, immediate support for the new family usually diminishes as family and friends go back to their daily lives.
- Provide you with a safe, nonjudgmental ear so you can share and explore your emotions.
- Help you and your partner process the birth experience.
- Ensure you are bonding with your child and healing physically.
- Perform light housekeeping duties.
- Help with grocery shopping and meal preparation.
- Ensure siblings and pets are adjusting.
What are the benefits?
Women who have postpartum doulas have an increased chance of successful breastfeeding, less chance of postpartum depression, focused bonding time with their new child, and a greater understanding of their newborn's needs and behavior. There is also less anxiety when their partner goes back to work.